The Clans of Old
Welcome to The Clans of Old. Register and create your character to join us in the story of the four original forest clans. Choose between RiverClan, ShadowClan, ThunderClan, and WindClan and begin your own story!

May StarClan always guide your paws!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Clans of Old
Welcome to The Clans of Old. Register and create your character to join us in the story of the four original forest clans. Choose between RiverClan, ShadowClan, ThunderClan, and WindClan and begin your own story!

May StarClan always guide your paws!
The Clans of Old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Clans of Old

A roleplay site based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter,

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fadedlight and Onyxstar - Hunting in ShadowClan Territory

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

Fadedlight watched carefully as her leader crawled across the ground and killed a mouse. She gave him a small nod of approval, then listening to the still night air for any prey. Though she was reluctant to admit it, she was glad her and Onyxstar were such close friends. She greatly admired the tom, he was a significant role model to her, and she was thankful for their friendship when she was struggling to deal with her mentor's death. Both of them suffered from the loss of a friend that day and his strength made her want to be strong too.

The sound of movement caught Fadedlight's attention, ripping her from her thoughts. Standing up, she lowered her body to the ground, slinking through the shadows following the creature her nose now identified to be a shrew. She swished her tail, signaling to Onyxstar. She hoped he would interpret it's meaning to be 'go around and scare it towards me', but she knew it was unclear, so she waited in the shadows for Onyx's approach.

OnyxStar

OnyxStar
Leader

Out of the corner of his eye, just as he was turning back with his kill, OnyxStar spotted the telling swish of a tail from FadedLight. He paused a moment, confused as to her intentions with her gesture when he too heard the sound of a shrew not too far from his position. He set the mouse down and looked for it, spotting it as he had suspected not too far away. He instantly dropped low into a crouch and stalked towards it. He was going to scare it towards FadedLight, he only hoped that was what she had meant. Then again, they knew each other well enough, he believed, to understand certain, nonverbal signals. Crouched, large body hidden from the small animal's view, he leaped forward just short of it, paws landing a mouse-length away. In it's fright the shrew fled in the opposite direction. Straight towards where the she-cat was waiting.

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

Pleasure flowed through Fadedlight as she watched the tom stalk around the shrew. He got it! Ah, I can always count on Onyx. As he bound towards the shrew, it fled straight into Fadedlight's paws, and she briskly snapped its neck. Pausing to give thanks to StarClan, she scooped up her kill and padded over to Onyxstar. "Thank you! I wasn't sure you'd get my message, but it seems you know me better than I thought." the silvery she-cat purred.

OnyxStar

OnyxStar
Leader

The male cat hummed in affirmation as FadedLight walked over to him. "I do pride myself on knowing my clan quite well." OnyxStar made it his personal quest to get to know every clan member on a personal level. He learned small but important details about each individual - anything that would help him decipher who the cats around him were. He wasn't great friends with everyone but he could and would boast that he knew every cat very well. Though he doubted anyone knew him as well as he. FadedLight, unlike some others he knew very well however. And yet he was reserved about it.

"Great kill, by the way." Her hunting was astounding. Naturally much better than when she was an apprentice. The use of teamwork especially intrigued him. She had signaled him - hoping, waiting for him to understand. That to a degree had to mean trust. Onyx found himself incapable of asking for help even with something as small as a shrew. When he was gone, FadedLight would undoubtedly make a great leader.

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

She nodded proudly, accepting the compliment. "May I ask a small question, of which you do not have to answer." Fadedlight hesitated. It was true, she had wanted to know this question for a long time, but was it appropriate? Shaking her head slightly, she turned to face Onnie."Why me? Why did you choose me as a deputy? I'm a..." the words caught in her throat. She hated the term, but it was true. "a kittypet." My father was a kittypet. My mother became one shortly after my birth... it runs in my blood. Every other family member was a kittypet or a traitor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum