The Clans of Old
Welcome to The Clans of Old. Register and create your character to join us in the story of the four original forest clans. Choose between RiverClan, ShadowClan, ThunderClan, and WindClan and begin your own story!

May StarClan always guide your paws!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Clans of Old
Welcome to The Clans of Old. Register and create your character to join us in the story of the four original forest clans. Choose between RiverClan, ShadowClan, ThunderClan, and WindClan and begin your own story!

May StarClan always guide your paws!
The Clans of Old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Clans of Old

A roleplay site based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter,

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Now?

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What Now? Empty What Now? Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:58 pm

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

Hello guys! For the few of you who do regularly check in, I thought we should actually roleplay, instead of just look around and do nothing. So, in order to account for all the absences of key roles, I came up with a plot to go with that. This, as so are the others, liquid in time. This is not happening at the same time all of the other topics are, this is in fact in the future. Anyone can hop in if they're active.

Let's get this back in use!

Destruction. That is all that's left. A force of large dogs with vicious, wild instincts moved into the Clan's territories, and began slaughtering anything that stood in the way of them claiming what was once the Clans' as their own. It started in RiverClan, then spread to ThunderClan, followed by ShadowClan and WindClan. Nearly all of the cats had been killed in the midst of the war, and the Clans lost everything. There were very few survivors. Several turned to twolegs, to help heal their injuries and provide sanctuary. Those who didn't... scattered. They ran from their home and away from the dogs. Of the small portion who survived, and remained true to their wild roots, many had the same idea as the others - head towards Highstones.
In a small hallow near the barn, hid the survivors. The last descendants of the Clans. All of the cats bore marks of healing wounds, and the few skilled in healing were doing their best to tend to all of the cats as well as themselves.
It was a tragedy indeed, and all the cats found themselves wondering... What now?

2What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:17 pm

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

The clouded sky only worsened the mood over the makeshift camp. You can almost hear the hurting if you listen close enough... Fadedlight pushed herself onto her tired, aching paws, wincing with every movement. The many claw and bite marks lining her pelt still stung, but not near as much as her heart did. She had to powerlessly watch her clan fall. One by one. In her head, their cries of pain, pleas for help, screeches of agony, still rang through her brain. She couldn't close her eyes without seeing the dogs ripping her clan to pieces. Like a never ending nightmare.

Her eyes scanned the small 'camp', resting on each wounded cat for a heartbeat before moving to the next. They're all starving. No one is in any condition to hunt, but we all need food. Fadedlight hobbled over to Rainfeather with a heavy limp from a leg that had been ripped from it's socket. She was thankful for Briarlight's knowledge of dislocated bones, without her, Fadedlight would've never walked again. "Rainfeather," she croaked once nearing the grey she-cat. "I am going to try to hunt. We need food more than anything right now."

3What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:24 am

Rainfeather

Rainfeather
Medicine Cat

Rainfeather laid on her side, her head aching and burning as if two legs has poisoned her. But she knew the truth, it was Starclan that bestowed this terrible pain. Maybe she didn't understand it but she knew she deserved it, even if she had done nothing wrong.

After hearing the words roll out of Fadedlight's mouth she stood up, though her legs were more weak then ever she was determined to make herself useful especially to Onyxstar who had gotten out of his way to save the she-cat back when the dogs ran through camp. "Let me help," The she-cat announced getting up, "I am the strongest out of you all and the least I can do is help."

Note;

Onyx, if you wish to not have saved Rainfeather ((Which is perfectly fine. Rain won't take it personally)) then I can pull someone else's name out of a hat xD

4What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:27 pm

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

Fadedlight nodded. "Okay, we should see if we can find any herbs while we're out." Her gaze swept across the cats once more, a pang of sadness stinging her heart like nettles. "StarClan knows we'll need them." Fadedlight looked down at her bound straight leg. After the dislocation, she was told it had to remain straight, and it was braced with a branch. I know I should not go hunting, but I feel it my responsibility.

5What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:55 pm

RobinFlight

RobinFlight
Deputy

RobinFlight let out a hiss as she moved forward out of the brush. The feeling of leaves and sticks crossing her wounds was unpleasant at best. She had just caught FadedLight's plan of hunting and let out a low laugh. "What's the point?" Came her toxic question, she was one of the cats taking everything far worse than others. When the dogs had started out and the best of RiverClan was killed, RobinFlight had fled with two kits from her clan and headed to ThunderClan to warn them of the threat coming. She had actually outrun the beasts for the longest time as cats ran from clan to clan in a panic as the dogs followed. It wasn't until WindClan that RobinFlight was able to turn the kits she had rescued into the barn cats and turn back to help cats escape. Those moments were a blur and the injuries she had sustained felt like fire burning in her pelt. "Everything's gone," RobinFlight whispered under her breath.

6What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:11 am

Briarheart

Briarheart
Medicine Cat

Briarheart stifled a yawn. Being up since before dawn had done a number on her, and the lack of prey only added to her weariness. She pawed meager pile after pile of dried herbs, trying to recount what she had left. Three tansy sprigs.. cobwebs.. She skipped piles that she couldn't hardly remember the name of. Memories of her clanmates' injuries crowded her mind, blocking her ability to recall anything of importance.

She lifted her head, hearing Robinflight's sour remark. Briarheart frowned. She looked to her paws, trying to think of something to say, but no words came to her. She sat back on her haunches and looked to the sky. StarClan, what did we do?

7What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

Fadedlight turned her gaze to Robinflight. She had to resist the urge to snap back some fiery retort,
realizing that their situation truly was that awful. Robinflight has given up hope, and it's easy to see that she's not the only one. But their's gotta be life ahead... Right? "I'm sure we can find some field mice running around. Maybe even a lizard or two in the damper areas. They're a bit slimy, but you get used to it. No sense in giving up until the fight is over, right?" Fadedlight tried to cheer her up, but she knew her efforts would most likely be in vain. To her, however, it was worth a shot.

8What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:01 am

RobinFlight

RobinFlight
Deputy

RobinFlight dipped her head slightly and took an audible breath, her claws dug into the ground as she tensed. "Okay," she mewed her voice hushed as she raised her head and gazed towards the makeshift dens filled with the sleeping aching forms of others who were still barely hanging on. Her body didn't move much as her brain ticked, without her clan she was nothing- truly but if she could ease someone else's life. Her gaze wasn't quite there as she nodded her head softly, "I'm not hungry," she spoke, dismissing FadedLight's attempt to make frogs sound worth eating. A day ago she would have put up more a fight about how disappointed, scared and angry she was but right now she was just tired. She would still try for the rest of the cats even if she wasn't ready to try for herself just yet.

9What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:38 am

Briarheart

Briarheart
Medicine Cat

Briarheart heard Fadedlight's voice and jolted back to reality. Her senses finally came to her as her gaze drifted to Fadedlight's injured leg. "Fadedlight, you - you can't.. You can't hunt with that. You have to rest.." Briarheart hoisted herself to her paws and walked toward Fadedlight and Robinflight. "There's no one who could go in your place?" Her question sounded more like a statement at this point. Everyone who remained after the dog attack was either injured or.. simply left. She readjusted her paws, the leaves crunching softly beneath them. She knew she shouldn't be defying the deputy. It was her job, but she always felt a sense of guilt when she did so. She gazed into Fadedlight's tired eyes, her own reflected in them. "There.. There has to be someone."

(on mobile, sorry for possible formatting issues)

10What Now? Empty Re: What Now? Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 am

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

Fadedlight watched Robinflight leave, sadness sparkling in her blue eyes. I will make her eat something. Robinflight can't just starve herself! Fadedlight directed her attention to Birarheart as she spoke, sighing. "I appreciate the concern, but I don't think there is. Sure, it'll be a little harder than usual, but everyone here needs it. My leg may be injured, but Briarheart, this camp is losing hope. Many cats can not even get up - StarClan, I shouldn't be up! But I'm one of the few that still have a little fight in them, and I need to make use of that. It'll do us some good to have freshkill around. These cats won't get better if they're starving." Fadedlight's eyes wandered to where Robinflight was. "Or starving themselves..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum