The Clans of Old
Welcome to The Clans of Old. Register and create your character to join us in the story of the four original forest clans. Choose between RiverClan, ShadowClan, ThunderClan, and WindClan and begin your own story!

May StarClan always guide your paws!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Clans of Old
Welcome to The Clans of Old. Register and create your character to join us in the story of the four original forest clans. Choose between RiverClan, ShadowClan, ThunderClan, and WindClan and begin your own story!

May StarClan always guide your paws!
The Clans of Old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Clans of Old

A roleplay site based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter,

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Now?

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

11What Now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Now? Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Briarheart

Briarheart
Medicine Cat

Briarheart sighed. "I understand. I just.. I wish that I could've had some kind of sign, some kind of foretelling.. to get us out and away from all of that." She followed Fadedlight's gaze.
"I wish I could help you, but I think I'd just scare everything away. I guess I should make the rounds," She mewed quietly, now looking toward her puny collection of herbs. "Which reminds me of something. You need burnet. I have a few stems, enough for now, but I'll have to go out and look for more. If you're going hunting, at least take them. They'll keep your strength up," she insisted. She arched her back to stretch and padded to the pile, picking up a few dry stems of burnet. She walked wearily back to Fadedlight and dropped the stems at her feet. "If you see any of these while you're out, do me a favor and pluck them, will you?" Her gaze drifted to Fadedlight again.

12What Now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Now? Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:22 pm

FadedLight

FadedLight
Deputy

Fadedlight nodded gratefully, swallowing the burnet. She grimaced at the bitter taste, but given the situations, it was among the better things. "I'll be sure to. Rainfeather and I will grab as many herbs as possible." The silver she-cat spun to her friend. "Ready?" she asked, extending her claws, or what was left of them at least. She had torn a few out during the battle... and chipped a fang. The ear that was severed no longer was on her head, and those were among the better of her injuries. It's horrible that I'm one of the better ones... even like this.

13What Now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Now? Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:03 pm

RobinFlight

RobinFlight
Deputy

[using this map for the reference to the stream. It's mentioned as a river by I downplayed it here for the sake of drama]

RobinFlight left the group heading out into the open. Her body flowed as she climbed through bushes and snaked through the long grass. Another RiverClan cat had spotted a small stream beyond high stones and while RobinFlight had scoped out the area she hadn't really checked for fish. If she could find some it would be great news but the resource would be near unusable given just how little RiverClan cats survived everything. As she moved she could feel a shiver run up her spine the briefest trace of fear as the movements of running seemed to open wounds in her heart. RobinFlight's pelt raised slightly as she skidded down a slope, approaching the reed infested stream. Her whiskers twitched, it was too slow moving with way to much cover for any fishing to be effective, the two-leg bridge downstream was probably the cause of this. RobinFlight let out a sniff as she slowly crawled along the side of the stream, watching as the reeds began to thin out and in turn the water became easier to peer into. RobinFlight leaned down into the stream and gazed into the water for a long moment before dipping her down to lap up the water. Her eyes closed for a moment and a familiar sensation pooled over her, memories slowly being brought back to life in vivid colours.

In that moment she was back many many moons ago to her first outing on the territory. Lapping up the water of the river for the first time. The shouting of a mentor jarred her from the drink and she opened her eyes and spied her sister standing in the reeds on thunderclan's side of the river. "IvyPaw! Get back here!" Came the shouts of CloudFur as he angrily padded into the water. There was a loud cackle from her sister as she tossed herself into the water and began swimming back towards the shore of riverclan's territory. CloudFur ran up to IvyPaw and cuffed her ears, before beginning a long scolding lecture. At RobinPaw's side WhiteNose let out a soft laugh at her brothers antics, giving RobinPaw a knowing look before leading her to the side to show her the sunning rocks. There was some hesitation in RobinPaw as she approached the water, she had been taught a healthy respect for the namesake of their clan, knew it was a dangerous killer of even the best warriors. She hated the water. IvyPaw didn't. Having skirted away from her mentor to return to her sisters side. Laying eyes on the sunning rocks she could feel the elation in IvyPaw's soul, it was quickly mirrored by RobinPaw even if the fear was still there.

IvyPaw and CloudFur dipped into the water, swimming over to sunning rocks and proudly standing on the rocky surface. RobinPaw stood still and stiff at the waters edge and despite some soft pushes by WhiteNose, RobinPaw remained unmoved. IvyPaw had been watching her eagerly and when she didn't follow quickly IvyPaw's ears flicked backwards. One hop, followed by another, saw IvyPaw at the water's edge on the sunning rocks side of the river, staring into RobinPaw's eyes. There was an intense sincerity to her gaze as she looked into RobinPaw's soul, knowing the problem instantly. She felt her heart soften in the gaze, her muscles relaxing as she stared back. IvyPaw let out a chirp, closing her eyes and tilting her head, a dumb smile on her face; "I believe in you!"

RobinFlight jerked back as a ripple in the water splashed water onto her nose. The memory of her sister on the other side of the bank was fading. A small sigh escaped her maw as streaks of tears trailed down her muzzle and into the water below. There was a little laugh as she strangled broken sobs before they could escape her. It was always when she least expected it. That was the day before the night her mother came out with the truth. Why couldn't that day have lasted forever. She was alone- always alone. She pulled backwards, running a paw over her face to blur the tears. A small sniffle left her maw before she caught sight of another ripple in the water, her eyes fixating on the spot as curiosity subdued her loneliness and loss. Her ears swivelled on her head fixating on the spot she had caught site of the ripple. It was a moment or maybe a minute and the ripple happened again; fish!

RobinFlight's body reflexively crunched into a pouncing crouch. She breathed out, eyes captivating the spot, shallow breaths flowing in and out of her body before she felt the moment was right. Taking a deep breathe in she sent herself flying into the water, claws splaying in an effort to grab anything possible. On her right paw she felt something clip and temporarily catch, eyes still blind from the force of the water she pushed her paws downwards, thrusting her body in the direction of what had brushed her paw. The feeling of something brush her whiskers caused her jaw shut to snap shut. Something slimy was punctured by her teeth and her body began weaving upwards towards the surface. She inhaled deeply through her nose as she pushed through the waters surface. Her paws worked their way towards the shore line. The fish in her mouth desperately tried to wiggle it's way free but RobinFlight clamped her jaw tighter.

Stepping onto the shore she shivered, pushing through reeds and up onto the grassy area that lined this side of the stream. Her jaw released and snapped several times, making sure the fish was truly dead before she released it onto the floor. Several loud huffs left her maw as she caught her breath. Opening her eyes she stared down at the fish. It wasn't the best, but it was large enough to atleast feed two cats if it was rationed out. She let out a sigh and dipped her nose down quietly muttered a thanks to starclan, her sisters name on her mind as she spoke. She looked back at the water. There was probably more but it would take them a moment to forget that they were being hunted. The taste of fish was fresh on her tongue and RobinFlight felt a pang of hunger in her gut. She ignored it willingly, laying down in grass, feeling the sun warming her pelt.

[where did I go wrong]

14What Now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Now? Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:59 am

Briarheart

Briarheart
Medicine Cat

Briarheart watched Fadedlight pad away, a certain heaviness present in her steps. She saw movement, and Robinflight had turned away as well. Briarheart sighed. She turned away from the group, now padding toward the edge of the makeshift camp. Although she was the medicine cat, she definitely wasn't spared from the attack. A long scratch down her back stung as she walked, and she dabbed a light speck of blood away from her muzzle. We will find light, somewhere. We have to. She thought, gazing out into the expanse of the moor. She blinked as she lowered her head, scratching at the grass.

She jerked her head up to the sky. A singular crow flew past, its caw mocking and scolding. She glared at it, resentment swelling inside of her. Her claws tightened on the ground, ripping up shreds of grass. Briarheart clenched her teeth and lowered her head once more. Now is not the time. She turned around slowly, padding back to her herbs. You have to help who's left.

She scraped up a pile of dock leaves and comfrey root. She was immensely thankful for her excess of comfrey, as it was mainly an all-purpose herb. Briarheart closed her eyes for a few seconds, calming herself down before padding around the camp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum